Such a simple thing has become the bane of our existence here on earth, and sometimes our torture. Lack of self love has caused us to remain alone instead of with a Source-sent soulmate, it has caused our relationships to fail one behind the other, it has caused us to push people away that Source sends into our lives to love us and it has caused many of us severe clinical depression and feelings of emptiness. This simple thing, self love, is something we must have so that we can stay connected to Source. It is THE KEY to our human survival.
We are born with basic instincts. Self love is taught to us from an early age, as it is shown to us by our earthly parents. If we learn self love at this early age, we have a limitless connection to Source and to our unique spiritual abilities that help us survive as a human being in a harsh environment: Earth. However, we also choose our spiritual lessons while in spirit form, prior to even being born. Based upon the lessons we choose, this is what aligns us to be born to certain parents that are loving or many times, parents who are the opposite of that. Prior to our birth, we choose these lessons, align to certain parents and life time events that will happen to us and then we FORGET who we were.
Right at that time of entry into the human world and onto planet Earth, we forget ALL soul memories of being in spirit form. We were surrounded by pure unconditional love, joy/bliss, perfection in spirit body form and we were innocent. No sin, no pain, no questions (because we already know) when we were in spirit form. Why would we choose to be born, you ask? Because it is another level of spiritual growth. Being always so innocent and perfect in the eyes of Source, there is but one way to learn: back up. Back up from all of that and go receive a body. It is the ultimate experience to lose all of one's soul memory and CHOOSE to learn in a completely different way, as a human!
As we are born into the human form, we then rely upon love from a mother and we are taught love for ourselves. We relate love to safety, peace, comfort, food, health, joy, laughter, bliss and so much more. There are many ways our mothers teach us love. But here is the catch: because earth is ultimately a place of duality, in order to actually learn anything truly, we must know two sides to every situation we are born into.
For example, if you opted to learn the lesson of true, unconditional love when you were in spirit form, because you need to fully understand the opposite of unconditional love FIRST (due to Earth's nature of duality), you must learn it by first seeing, knowing and feeling the pure opposite of love. Therefore, this specific lesson will align you towards parents who could perhaps be very unloving and sometimes even dangerous emotionally and/or physically to us as children. This could cause the parent(s) to show neglect, abandonment, abuse, or something as simple as not emotionally connecting to a child. On earth, there is no sunlight without darkness, there is no peace without war first, there is food and famine. It is all duality- it is how we learn, since the Law of Attraction is currently the dominant law of Earth.
Why do we choose these difficult, painful lessons, you ask? When we were in spirit form, we questioned nothing. We knew what we knew because Source gave us that knowingness, not because we learned it ourselves. Just because we knew truth. When Source is around you and shows you truth when you are in spirit form, you don't question it. You just know. Instantaneously.
Spirits choose to be born as humans onto earth because they want to learn knowingness by being separated from God/Source. They love God/Source so much, ultimately, that they TRUST that even though they are disconnected by being on Earth and being embodied, by being born into a world full of turmoil where they will highly likely be unsafe, that they will still find their way back to God/Source. They love and trust Source this much! We trusted and loved Source SO MUCH that we literally went into human form to learn, die and make our way back to Source once more, with a different kind of knowledge: an integrated knowledge.
Many times, I ask my spirit guide during my spiritual journeys when I'm asleep, "Why do human do so many horrible things to each other, to animals and to planet earth?" The answer always points back to free will. Free will to do what? Murder, rape, pillage and destroy everything? My guide's response to that is, "Free will to BECOME aligned to that path because of a major basic thing you choose not to do: self love". Almost every single question I've asked about why humans do this or that will always go back to the original issue: "lack of self love". If one does not love oneself, we instantly become aligned to all of the lessons of duality earth has to show us, and not necessarily easy ones.
The result of lack of self love causes us to resonate with a 3rd dimensional vibration that is below the vibration of pure Source energy. This lower level energy aligns us with a possibility for mental illnesses (especially depression but also anxiety, phobias, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and at worse case scenario, psychosis). This is every dangerous because if we do not choose to stop this cycle by loving ourselves, we cannot heal from these spiritually manifested diseases, which can sometimes cause actual physical manifestations like rape, abuse, neglect and even murder. It can manifest as cancers and other physical diseases. The result of what we align our energy to is limitless.
My personal physical manifestation of a spiritual problem is depression. I become extremely clinically depressed when I lack self love. But like many of us, I chose a life lesson that aligned me to a parent who was incapable of loving me because she did not love herself. This aligned me with many situations both in childhood and in early adulthood that caused for abuse, neglect, rape, sexual abuse and much more that caused me to choose not to love myself.
Not loving myself became a very dangerous situation because I was also born with very extreme levels of extra-sensory perception. My earlier memories were of seeing angels and other spiritual beings in every environment in which I resided or visited. Because I was so focused on all of these extra-sensory things that were basically unable to be ignored, I choose to work on helping others in this lifetime. I therefore became filled with pure, unconditional love for humanity. However, I did not love myself. After a number of years being human, I learned that helping others with my gifts would not fulfill that vast hole in my being with love. Only Source could relieve me of my clinical depression so that the cycle could be complete: I'd love you all AND myself!
I searched long and hard in my journey for self love. I searched in different religions from around the entire world, from all the spiritual texts I could find, from self help books, from online self help groups and spiritual forums, from teachers at church to different spiritual teachers and gurus all the way to kundalini yoga and reiki/pranic healing. I searched via homeopathic medicines, healing touch therapy, psychiatry, different psychiatric medications and all the way to transcendental meditation, followed by shamanic healing. Then one day recently, when at my wit's end, I asked a close, trusted friend what to do. Her answer was clear and concise. It wasn't full of details of aura cleansing, meditations or love and light affirmations. Her answer was, "Have you asked for specific help from Source with this, Pamela?"
We were born with a guide on our journey. We humans call them "spirit guides". You will hear me talking about mine only every so often, because spirit guides choose US. Their identities are often sacred and (sometimes) personal to us. They choose us prior to birth and they are here, whether we see them or not, from the moment we are born until the moment we leave our human bodies. They were there with us in spirit form when we were in the spirit world prior to our choosing to become human forms. They are a part of our spirit families and they are given special privileges to help us.
Being born with extra-sensory perception, I can choose to talk to my guide at will, and if I'm ready, he will answer. I don't know why I didn't think of this first before jumping into every other spiritual modality, but I figured if my guide wanted to say something to me, he would. WRONG ANSWER. Please hear me out with this. There is a reason why Source has said in many different languages, channelings and in different spiritual texts given to us, "ASK and ye shall receive". Since we ultimately came here as humans to learn things on our own, we often do not think to ask. It is in our human instincts to take the bull by the horns and try to stubbornly go figure it out on our own. But sometimes we get stuck. During those times, it is important to ask SPECIFICALLY for help from Source.
After specifically asking my guide and Source about self love and how to obtain it, here were the five steps given to me to learn self love:
1) Earth. Put your feet on the ground. LITERALLY. We are on earth with human bodies because it grounds us, heals us and provides us with love from Source. God/Source is constantly pouring love and healing through planet earth. Put your feet on this earth. Preferably barefooted. This is why many spiritual teachers ask us to work on "grounding" meditations. This is why our indigenous peoples love the land and view it as sacred. Our ancestors lived on this land. They didn't live behind computer screens 24-7, they didn't live with their cell phones and tablet to their faces, did they? They had everything they needed spiritually and physically from the land. Make sure your foods come from a pure source: from the earth. Stay away from processed crap. Your body is a temple that should stay connected and grounded to EARTH.
2) Water. Our human bodies are compromised of 65 percent WATER. WATER is the way planet earth holds and transmits energy. There is a reason why in the biblical tests, God flooded Earth. In all spiritual texts, water is considered the ultimate "purifier". In order to have self love, we must first be an empty vessel. You can't pour water into a glass that's full. You must be pure of negativity, both physically and emotionally. EMOTIONS are pure energy. Renowned scientist and writer Masuru Emoto, who wrote the book, "The Hidden Messages in Water" even claims that one can focus healing energy into water via the power of pure thoughts, thus charging the water and causing it to change the human body upon ingestion. Our human bodies need water to cleanse up both physically and emotionally of impurities that make our glass to "full" of negativity. This is why many spiritual teachers will suggest natural hot water springs and baths with salt crystals in them: because water cleanses and purifies us.
3) Air. This one is quite simple. Every human being on earth is in need of oxygen as a primary source of life. BREATHE. If you're at work, open the window or take regular breaks for fresh air outside of the building. Take regular walks outdoors. You need fresh air as a form of rejuvenation to the body and spirit. Breathing is what we do to circulate pure energy throughout our bodies and auras. Breath is life. Meditation/healing work helps us with breath, as does singing, speaking our truth and deep cleansing breaths of fresh air first thing in the morning. Many spiritual teachers refer us back to "breath" and help us connect to deep breathing as a coping mechanism that returns us to ourselves. If we are focusing on our breath and only our breath, stress dissipates. We must love ourselves enough to stop, get rid of all thoughts, and breathe, if but for a small amount of time each day;
4) Giggling. Yes, yes, I know. I had to ask for clarification on this one as it sounded so silly. "Why don't you just say LAUGHTER?" I asked my guide. "There are many reasons to laugh for humans. But giggling is only done with pure and innocent joy. There is no sarcasm or nervousness. Children giggle. Get back to your innocent, inner child form. Get back to pure joy. After all, you're still a child"; and finally
5) Electricity. I also had to ask for clarification on this one. "Do you mean to tell me I need to go tell my clients they are to stand in front of a light bulb and suddenly they will feel self love?" I said sarcastically to my guide. "Well yes, metaphorically. Source's Love is the bulb. It illuminates light to you. Source's pure Light is Love. When Source loves you, there is no doubt that you also love yourself. Instantly." Confused, I shrugged and said, "Well why don't you just say Love and Light like everyone else does. Add some fairies if you will like everyone else who is preaching the Love and Light message to me as if that is the only thing needed to get by as a human?!" With a knowing smile, he turned his face and his eyes met mine for a moment. "That is why I am your guide and not some Buddhist monk. That is all well and good what your friends say, but it is not GROUNDED. Electricity is grounded. You are the conduit through which Source's Love heals. When you are grounded properly in all aspects of yourself, then and only then can Love be within you for healing."
"You are here to be a human. It doesn't matter who or what you were prior or where you come from. So be human. You are not here to circumvent time, bend spoons or change the way energy works in ways that don't align to being human. It's fun, for sure. But it's not your ultimate purpose at first. Spiritual evolution can only come if you first learn to be human".
"Therefore you must integrate all components of yourself and be fully aware. However, some are missing Love and Light in the most basic sense. You also cannot fully focus on integration of your deeper subconscious without also being a pure conduit for Light. Humans are separating everything with religions, teachings and opposing methods for healing and definitions for Source love. You are all ONE with Source. Lose the separation and do all of it. Then and only then can you shift into Source consciousness- when you are One".